Why choose to buy your gift from Wooden Wine Box Company?
- We offer top quality wines from premium and boutique producers around the world
- Each wine has been tasted and quality checked by our buying team - only the very best get on our list - wines that we enjoy and that we think are great value
- Each wine is packed in a quality wooden box with a personal message from you
- We deliver next working day for orders placed before 2.30pm Monday to Friday (see Delivery section for further details and costs)
- We offer interesting and unusual wines that you won't find in your local high street or supermarket
- Our gifts will be fairly priced, as we buy large volumes and we cut out the middle man
- We offer unrivalled levels of service to you, our customers
- You can send from a single bottle upwards
- The wines will be delivered safely and securely by our trusted courier and you can track your wine online
- We are an independent wine merchant, passionate about our business
- We are committed to the highest levels of quality throughout our organisation
- was started in 2003 by Mike Watson who, on returning from a trip to Australia's Hunter Valley, decided that he wanted to get involved in the wine industry. Having seen a gap in the market for a quality wine gift delivery service all year round (not just Christmas), Mike spent a lot of time carefully sourcing top quality wines (mainly from smaller producers) and hand crafted wooden boxes (produced from timber from ethical certified forests). This product offering was then put on line and a lot of hard work put into making the Wooden Wine Box Company the best wine gift company in the market.
And our hard work is paying off. Whilst we are a small team, we are a good team, and we have also given birth to The Secret Cellar wine merchants along the way (we now have 3 stores located in Tunbridge Wells, Kent; Oxted, Surrey and in September 2010 we opened our third store in Wadhurst, East Sussex). Having the merchant side to our business means that our width and depth of offering is enhanced further and the better our offer, the better for our customers.
Of course, as time has moved on, we are now faced with lots more competition than when we started, but our values and goals are still the same - to offer top quality products at fair prices with service levels that are second to none. And to make sending a gift as easy and quick as it should be. So, whether you are a corporate client looking to send thousands of gifts out, or if you've got a birthday present to send, we'll be more than glad to help.
The people -
Mike Watson - founder, owner, buyer, sales, marketing, handy man and tea boy all rolled into one.
Antonia Sworder - is our front of house, looking after clients and ensuring the smooth day to day running fo the business. She also looks after our packing at the warehouse and is in charge of stock and quality control. She is passionate about wine so if you need any help or have any questions she will be more than happy to help.
The website – our secure website attempts to make the ordering process simple, quick and effective. This philosophy has stood us in good stead up to now and with the launch of our new site in 2009, the buying experience should be improved further. We don’t have a minimum order, so you can send just 1 bottle if you wish, and our delivery service is not a week or 3-5 days, but NEXT WORKING DAY if you place your order before 2.30 pm (you can also specify days for delivery). Delivery starts from £4.95 per address for UK deliveries and we also deliver to business address in Europe. Each gift includes a personal message from you and, for corporate clients, we offer a branding service. And finally, if you need to ask any question, we are just a phone call or email away and always pleased to help.
The service – our business is customer driven – without you we wouldn’t exist, so we make sure that we look after each and every client. Whether you have a large business order with branded boxes or a small personal one, we will always have your best interests at heart, and we will always attempt to get things right first time. We are committed to providing value for money across the spectrum of premium gifts and to delivering a personalised service customised to the need of the individual.
What our customers say -
"I ordered several bottles of wine from yourselves last week over the phone. I just wanted to let you know how pleased everyone was with their wine, which was all delivered as requested last Friday. I won't hesitate to recommend you to others and will use you in the future both for business and my own use" - satisfied corporate client, London
"I don't often write to thank companies for their services, but I felt I had to in this case. I cannot praise Wooden Wine Box highly enough" - Grace W, Manchester
"My client thought it a very nice gesture that I sent him some wine to thank him. I shall be using you again in the near future" - Spike P, SP Publishing
"I thought you'd like to know that I sent my father some champagne through yourselves, and he was utterly thrilled with it - and they really enjoyed the champagne, and thought the whole set up very efficient and professional. So much so that they then used the Wooden Wine Box Company to send a gift a week later" - Rebecca B, London
"The bottle of old claret that you got for my parents was fantastic. They were lost for words for once!" Sam C, Middlesex.
"Thanks for helping me out at the last minute - they really loved the wine" Charles N, London.
©2013 The Wooden Wine Box Company